Hello Everybody! Welcome to the post Mother’s Day post. Are you getting ready to grill and start the celebration of national days like Memorial Day and the not so far in the calendar Independence Day? We need to start summer with some lost pounds, right? Summer demands to show a little more skin, and what a better thing to do than wear shorts and polos to all those eatery gatherings in your agenda.
To help you with those extra pounds, today I want to share with you an easy to eat salad with fresh veggies just out of the planter that will make our mouths water, right?
This is a recipe of a tasty salad that will get you addicted. Do you love strong flavour? This salad is full of it. Onion has a strong flavour and so do black olives. Combine them and you’ve got a bomb to your pallate that will mingle with the taste of italian zesty salad dressing, combining to perfection.
Unlike other salads that take forever to be prepared, while rinsing the veggies and chopping ingredients, this salad will be ready in no time, so it’s a time saver salad, which is important if you are a busy person with lots of things to do.
Now let me remind you that you need to rinse all your veggies with good running water, specially the lettuce leaves and you need to use a clean choping board and a good chef knife. Now let’s prepare this!
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- Taco seasoning (the McCormick brand has no msg)
- 5 leaves of romaine lettuce
- 10 black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 slice of chopped onion
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 Tablespoon of italian zesty dressing
- In a skillet, cook half a pound of ground turkey with the taco seasoning. Let it cool down a little.
- Clean five lettuce leaves
- Drain half a can of black olives and chop them
- Chop one slice of onion
- Dice one tomato.
- In an extended dish, spread the lettuce in little pieces
- Follow the lettuce with the tomato and black olives.
- Top with the turkey meat and onion.
- Add salad dressing
- You can add more veggies like cucumber, mushrooms or celery and the servings will increase.